The Orléans community is fortunate to have within its midst a photography club that welcomes amateur photographers of all levels. We have among our members beginner, intermediate and advanced photographers.
The club first began in 2002 with 12 members. It has since increased its membership to more than 80 members. The Orléans Photo Club helps its members improve their photographic abilities by creating various opportunities to:
- learn techniques through expert monthly presentations
- participate in photo challenges
- attend specialized workshops
- enjoy group photography outings
- share ideas and achievements
- ask questions to solve problems
- discover resources in the photography world: equipment, courses, competitions
- meet other photographers and attend social gatherings
The club meets on the second Saturday of every month. Monthly presentations are given by expert photographers and offer a wide range of topics. Show and Tell is a very popular part of each meeting. It encourages members to showcase their work. To make taking pictures ‘’fun’’ the club encourages members to participate in club photo challenges as well as the yearly Ottawa Interclub Competition. Special photography outings encourage our members to stretch their photographic eye and produce unique images instead of simple snapshots. These field trips are a great opportunity to apply skills learned and to experiment with new equipment and techniques. The club is run entirely by volunteers and our goal is to learn and have fun! Now is an interesting time for photography! Come join us!